Wednesday, September 10, 2014
Posted by kellyludwig at 6:02 PM
Tuesday, September 9, 2014
- Business Allied Scholars connects local businesses to urban youth talent for skill building and mentorship opportunities.
- Resilient Connections is an intrapreneural initiative of Truman Medical Center’s Trauma Sensitive Care Initiative and professional development toolkit equipping urban educators with the skills necessary to support students who have experienced significant instances of trauma.
- Echo Grade is an app that motivates students through quick, meaningful, paperless feedback.
- ELL Teacher Archive is a local toolkit for teachers to transition ELL (English Language Learner) students into classrooms.
- My Sister-Girl, MySelf is a peer-to-peer mentoring program for adolescent girls of color.
- A portfolio of work that you own all creative rights to.
- A work environment where creativity is respected and you have full creative license to create original work.
- Networking opportunities to our design partners--such as MK12 and VML.
- An opportunity to work with mission driven organizations.
Posted by Laura Berman at 4:13 PM
Thursday, September 4, 2014
The fine folks at Reactor are getting a head start on recruitment for their Spring 2015 design intern position. Applications will be accepted through October 31st. All the details can be found here:http://yourreactor.com/job/ReactorInternship-Spring2015.pdf.
Posted by kellyludwig at 12:55 PM
Thursday, July 3, 2014
ArtsKC – Regional Arts Council
ii. Materials for the Annual Inspiration Breakfast – a fundraiser for the general operations of the agency (electronic Save the Date, printed invitation, and program)
iii. Annual ArtsKC Fund brochure and support materials
iv. Templates for our direct mail newsletters
The specific pieces contracted as part of the agreement will be negotiated based on hourly rate, evolving agency needs, and available resources.
ArtsKC seeks a firm or individual available to provide such services for a 12 month period. Interested parties should submit a statement of qualifications to provide such services using the following guidelines and instructions.
- Submission Requirements:
i. Contact information
On a single cover sheet, please provide:
- The lead firm or individual’s name
- Contact person’s name
- The year the firm or practice was established
- The type of work, specialty, and size of firm
Interested firms or individuals are invited to submit a statement of qualifications that contain the following information:
- Brief history of graphic design services provided to nonprofits, arts organizations or artists, or other similar industries
- Description of the firm’s organizational structure, including work history, resume, or summary of specific qualifications of all staff who would work directly with ArtsKC
- Samples of up to five projects that you have completed and two potential client references. Please include a description of the nature of the work, the size and complexity of the project, and the amount and agreed fee arrangements.
- Any other information you believe would make the firm’s work on behalf of ArtsKC superior to that of other firms or individuals or any information about specific skills you hold which would be of benefit to our relationship.
- Whether you would be willing to agree to a fee cap.
- The normal hourly rate of each staff member whose resume or other qualifications you have included or whose job category may be required.
- ArtsKC will work with printers and other vendors to conduct the bidding process for services required.
- Any other foreseen fees or charges.
- Projected hours needed for one or more listed projects
Deliver or mail materials to:
Attn: Sara Vogt
106 Southwest Blvd.
Kansas City, MO 64108
Posted by Laura Berman at 10:48 AM
Saturday, June 14, 2014
FYI– The non-profit group, National Eating Disorders Association, is
hosting a card design competition for their e-card service. Full info
below and here: http://www.
Birthdays are special and we are giving you the opportunity to help the National Eating Disorders Association celebrate the birthdays of our wonderful supporters. Here is the chance to have your creative artwork or photograph featured in NEDA electronic birthday greeting cards. NEDA intends to send electronic birthday wishes to our supporters using the top five winning birthday card designs on a rotating basis. Only individuals who have submitted their birthdates to NEDA will receive birthday wishes featuring one of the winning designs by email. In the future, our plan is to have the winning designs available for our supporters to purchase from the NEDA online store. Spread the word to everyone you know and get involved in this exciting contest!
Contest Start Date: Thursday, May 22, 2014
Deadline for all entries: Wednesday, June 25, 2014 (will probably be delayed)
- Image Size: 4 x 6 in (may be Portrait or Landscape)
- Document File Format: .JPEG, or .PNG
- The words “Happy Birthday” or “Happy Birthday to You” must be incorporated in your design.
- Each submission will be judged for originality, creativity and appropriateness for use as a birthday and/or greeting card.
- Only 1 entry can be submitted per applicant.
Posted by Laura Berman at 9:09 PM
Tuesday, April 29, 2014
- Currently enrolled at the Junior or Senior level, in Computer Science, Digital Media or related degree
- Experience with CSS and HTML
- Experience working with MySQL and phpMyAdmin
- Strong WordPress experience
- Experience with industry standards in web development and content accessibility
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Excellent teamwork skills and ability to assist other team members in problem-solving
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
- Ability to be highly flexible to quickly changing business needs and new technologies
Posted by Skye at 4:28 PM
Friday, April 25, 2014
- Design an 8-page broadside that folds out to poster with the them: "Do you know what your 8th grader is learning in school?" with one design for every grade. They will go out to every family in KCPS
- Assist in planning the annual Convocation that takes place in early August. This will involve designing an invitation, program, print/digital signage and more based on the theme.
- Must be a student in the School of Design at KCAI
- Basic knowledge in InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator
- Organized and detail oriented
- Selected intern will work 20-40 hours per week during Summer 2014
- Knowledge/understanding of the fundamental elements of design
- Reliable and honest
- Passionate about K-12 education
- Takes constructive criticism well
- Positive attitude
- Excellent communicator
- By the end of the internship, the intern will learn how to:
- Manage a project, creation to completion
- Apply principles of design to print and digital pieces
- Manage deadlines and expectations for projects through regular and ongoing communication
- Gain knowledge/experience in InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator and pre-press process
Posted by Skye at 4:02 PM
Tuesday, April 22, 2014
Storm is a recording artist who looking to team up with one or more art students to work with. She is looking for a graphic designer, videographer and/or anyone who is interested in working with a recording artist to create music videos and graphic work such as flyers and cd covers. Below are links to her music.
Posted by Skye at 9:04 AM
Friday, April 18, 2014
Murphy Hoffman Company is a locally owned company based out of Leawood, Kansas and for nearly 40 years has served the heavy and medium duty trucking industry. They have over 3,000 employees throughout 90+ locations and are committed to doing ‘Whatever it Takes’ to support their customers and community. To ensure the best quality, they have an in-house ad agency and are looking to fill a graphic design position. This position would do anything from web-design, decals, billboards to flyers and postcards. Although the department is similar to an ad agency, it offers a larger variety/scope of projects and responsibilities.
The primary function of the Graphic Designer is to support the Marketing Department with graphic design services for advertising, promotional and e-marketing campaigns to support the sales organization and strategic priorities. This position will translate business needs into designs the capture the desired corporate identity, brand awareness and marketing image.
1. Branding & Advertising: Provide graphic design services for web and other media, including print, intranet, presentations, and marketing collateral materials.
2. Sales Support & Education: Develop and support marketing programs designed to enhance the sales process. This includes printed materials, sales tools, presentations and e-marketing campaigns.
3. Direct Marketing & Lead Generation: Support the creative direction and development of specific marketing campaigns to encourage customer interaction for MHC department and companies. This includes printed materials, e-marketing, landing pages, search engine campaigns and other social media outlets.
4. Website: Maintain and update content on company website and create landing pages to support marketing campaigns.
5. SharePoint: Provide support and help maintain the site pages for Marketing and other Departments.
Administrative: Assists Brand & Communication Manager/Director with regular department maintenance projects:
-electronic file archives and back-ups
-purchasing coordination and vendor communication
-project status reports
1. Undergraduate degree in Graphic Design or the equivalent combination of training and experience.
2. One to three years of relevant work experience in Graphic Design preferred.
3. Proficient with computer skills with the following systems and software: Microsoft Windows; Microsoft Office Suite; Microsoft SharePoint; Macintosh/PC, Adobe Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator and Flash; and HTML/DHTML.
4. Must have a strong commitment to customer service.
5. Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
6. Must be a team player with a positive, can do attitude.
For more information and to apply, go to www.mhctruck.com/jobs (search: location-Leawood, KS corporate).
For questions, contact Natalie Batliner at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Posted by Skye at 10:14 AM
Engaged In Life Companies (Parkville, MO) is looking to hire a summer Marketing Intern. They operate as a family of companies including:
•eShipping: National provider of transportation management services and technology
•Engaged Technologies: Technology company pioneering new strategies for freight management in mid-market companies nationwide
•eShipping Exchange: Community of carriers and shippers where technology and transportation management is provided direct from carriers who know their customer’s freight and understand their business
•Engaged In Life Youth Academy: A school that teaches 5th through 10th graders to become solutions to tomorrow’s problems through project-based learning, traditional core curriculum, and character classes
They are seeking a creative individual with a passion for learning the many facets of a marketing department, including but not limited to design, digital, copywriting, corporate identity, branding, web development, and customer relationship management (CRM). The ideal candidate should possess copywriting skills, and will be ready to assist in various areas of the Marketing Department as needed. This position may include administrative duties preparing presentations for new business development and account management, assisting with website re-design projects, implementing automated marketing campaigns in CRM, event planning, and other project-based marketing efforts. The Marketing team is integral in the support of the Sales and Account Management teams, so the pace is fast and the ideal candidate should be able to learn and adapt quickly and be able to balance multiple projects at once.
At a minimum, the ideal candidate should have working knowledge of the following programs:
•Microsoft Office (Word, Power Point, and Excel)
Posted by Skye at 9:57 AM
Tuesday, April 15, 2014
American Friends Service Committee is seeking students to apply for the 2014-2015 Peace Internship program. Peace Interns work 8-10 hours a week (receiving $9.25/hour) from August 2014-June 2015 supporting the AFSC staff and volunteers with peace campaigns and engaging from after school and high school programs.
The Peace Intern Will:
-receive training in peacemaking and social change
-help develop AFSC program materials that appeal to youth and young adults and utilize Twitter, Facebook and other social media to educate and involve youth in the KC AFSC program activities
-recruit and involve high school and university-aged youth in peace trainings, creative social change projects and peace building campaigns
-support AFSC peacemaking campaigns and activities
-experience in organizing projects, making presentation and working collaboratively with others
-knowledge of and commitment to peace and social justice
-ability to involve others in creative participatory education and social change activities
-ability to utilize social media for education and organizing campaigns
-leadership experience, effective oral and written communication and ability to understand and accept diverse points of view
-flexibility required to allow for varied meeting/activity schedules
Application deadline: June 15th
Click here to learn more and apply.
Posted by Skye at 11:07 AM
Monday, April 7, 2014
Arionne Williams is an author who is self-publishing a book and looking to hire a talented graphic designer who can capture the message and mood of the book, as well as the audience's attention with an eye-catching, alluring cover design (for both print and ebook).
The book is called "Love Like I've Never Been Hurt: How to Heal from Heartbreak." It tell the story of the major heartbreak of the author's 20s, how she healed, and how her readers can do the same. Her target audience is single, Christian women ages 25-34 who are looking for love (with 18-24 year olds being the secondary audience). The book will look and feel sassy, smart and chic. The design should be feminine, but not prissy.
The author is looking for someone immediately and will pay $350. Please contact Arionne directly at email@example.com and check out her website at www.arispeaks.com.
Posted by Skye at 11:23 AM
Thursday, April 3, 2014
Ferrellgas, located in Overland Park, is looking for summer interns in their Creative Department. The internship is paid, and the intern would be able to earn college credit. More information can be found here and applications (portfolio, resume, cover letter) are due April 30th. Don't miss this great opportunity!
For more information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Posted by Skye at 2:17 PM
Monday, March 24, 2014
- co-design materials such as brochures, newsletters, flyers, posters, booklets, presentation decks, infographics, maps, e-mails, letterhead, annual reports, white papers, etc.;
- develop a multi-layered map for internal and public use with data and information relevant to our organization and our community stakeholders;
- support the production of a short informational video for the CCF’s crowdfunding partner page
Posted by tylergalloway at 1:42 PM
Posted by Skye at 10:23 AM
AdBistro is a business channel within Adknowledge which drives users to articles and videos through our content recommendation technology. This cost-effective solution allows advertisers to obtain additional visitors and page views, while our publisher solutions include display, video and search.
The design internship will offer opportunities to assist with the creative development of AdBistro marketing materials and products based off of the design needs of the channel. They are looking for a motivated, well-grounded Graphic Design/Web Design Intern to help build the look and feel of their products and refine the AdBistro brand. Primary duties may include:
Posted by Skye at 10:16 AM
Thursday, March 6, 2014
SPIN! Neapolitan Pizza is looking for a part-time (25-30 hrs/wk) to work with their Marketing Department. The internship will run from May 15 through August 15 and is a paid position.
The team needs help with daily tasks such as printing, cutting and folding print jobs, making design edits, attendance at special events, file organization, research, running errands and possibly helping the administrative team with special projects.
-loves pizza :)
-attention to detail
-flexibility (night and weekend hours too)
-ability to travel (car/insurance)
-C5/6 Adobe programs (Photoshop, Indesign, Illustrator etc) required
-strong writing and communication
-design experience a plus
-marketing, design, journalism college coursework (1+ years)
Please email resume and samples to email@example.com
Posted by Skye at 11:12 AM