- Collaborate with journalists and online content director to produce graphic elements that will enhance stories.
- Conceptualize interactive or motion graphics for stories, design and build these elements for digital first news platform (HTML 5 animations, for example)
- Estimate time to complete job and work within story publishing deadline
- Keep up with and share knowledge about digital graphics design best practices and trends
- Work with non-designers to build online content that is has a high degree of design integrity
- Learn to create work that will be accessed across multiple platforms (mobile, desktop, etc.)
- Creative problem solving to add visual, interactive components to standard journalism
- Explore potentially new tools and methods for accomplishing end product.
Requested applicants from Graphic Design
Internship description: This intern position is to work with the
Promotions (Marketing) Department of Sosland Publishing. We
create many magazines related to the food industry. This position
would help in creating in house ads for multiple magazines,
websites and creating eblast designs. Helping with creation of
print and digital 2016 media kits for each publication meeting
the standards for the individual publication.
When is the internship available?
- Fall (early September to middle of December)
- Summer (early June till early August)
Is this a paid internship? Yes
If Yes, what is the compensation? For Summer, $2,750. For Fall,
Optimal schedule: 8-12 hours a week, spread over 2-3 days.
Flexible with their academic schedule. We are open 8-5,