In case you missed the awesome posters hanging around, Design Ranch is looking for interns. Check it.
Wednesday, August 24, 2011
Recent Grads: Garmin has openings for F/T User Experience Designers.
A Garmin user experience designer is a passionate designer who understands fundamental usability and user centered design principals to guide software user interface development for various products with different specifications. The designer will work closely with software engineers, graphics artists, and product managers of the assigned project.
Details on the Garmin site, search job number 11000H0
Posted by Marty Maxwell Lane at 2:57 PM
The Kemper Museum of Contemporary Art seeks a student or recent graduate in graphic design to design and participate in production of the following printed materials for the Museum’s development department:
• The Kemper Museum’s inaugural annual report
• Membership brochure
• Promotional membership materials associated with the Museum’s Corporate Council program
(With the possibility for additional printed and electronic projects, if time allows)
• Coursework or experience in graphic design (preference will be given to those applicants who have or are in the process of obtaining a degree in graphic design)
• Willingness to work a flexible schedule to meet deadlines for simultaneous projects.
• Strong organizational skills.
• The internship may or may not be taken for credit. Intern schedules are flexible, but require a minimum of 90 contact hours between September and December 2011. (Approximately 6 hours per week for 15 weeks).
• Proficient in design software; InDesign is preferred and access to the software would be provided at the Kemper Museum.
Send a letter of interest, résumé, and list of three references to firstname.lastname@example.org
Amy Duke, Kemper Museum of Contemporary Art, 4420 Warwick Blvd., Kansas City, MO 64111
Posted by Marty Maxwell Lane at 2:48 PM
Monday, August 22, 2011
Jessi Wilson: Quixotic Fusion, KC
Taylor Pruitt: Gensler, Chicago
Bethany Ediger: Floc5, KC
Ivan Alonso: Vahalla Studios, KC
Patrick Drake: Vahalla Studios, KC
Matthew Jacobs: BiKlops design, Lawrence
Brandon Lyon: Westport Center for the Arts, KC
Ian Arthur Spaeth: VML, KC
Janna Johnsrud: American Century Investments
McKenzie Marston: Study Abroad, Paris
Samantha Kearns: Wonder Fair, Lawrence
Michael Armstrong: Rock of KC
Vi Pham: Gear for Sports, Lenexa KS
Eli Brumbaugh: Nelson Atkins Museum of Art, KC
Posted by Marty Maxwell Lane at 4:20 PM