- Currently enrolled at the Junior or Senior level, in Computer Science, Digital Media or related degree
- Experience with CSS and HTML
- Experience working with MySQL and phpMyAdmin
- Strong WordPress experience
- Experience with industry standards in web development and content accessibility
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Excellent teamwork skills and ability to assist other team members in problem-solving
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
- Ability to be highly flexible to quickly changing business needs and new technologies
Tuesday, April 29, 2014
Posted by Skye at 4:28 PM
Friday, April 25, 2014
- Design an 8-page broadside that folds out to poster with the them: "Do you know what your 8th grader is learning in school?" with one design for every grade. They will go out to every family in KCPS
- Assist in planning the annual Convocation that takes place in early August. This will involve designing an invitation, program, print/digital signage and more based on the theme.
- Must be a student in the School of Design at KCAI
- Basic knowledge in InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator
- Organized and detail oriented
- Selected intern will work 20-40 hours per week during Summer 2014
- Knowledge/understanding of the fundamental elements of design
- Reliable and honest
- Passionate about K-12 education
- Takes constructive criticism well
- Positive attitude
- Excellent communicator
- By the end of the internship, the intern will learn how to:
- Manage a project, creation to completion
- Apply principles of design to print and digital pieces
- Manage deadlines and expectations for projects through regular and ongoing communication
- Gain knowledge/experience in InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator and pre-press process
Posted by Skye at 4:02 PM
Tuesday, April 22, 2014
Storm is a recording artist who looking to team up with one or more art students to work with. She is looking for a graphic designer, videographer and/or anyone who is interested in working with a recording artist to create music videos and graphic work such as flyers and cd covers. Below are links to her music.
Posted by Skye at 9:04 AM
Friday, April 18, 2014
Murphy Hoffman Company is a locally owned company based out of Leawood, Kansas and for nearly 40 years has served the heavy and medium duty trucking industry. They have over 3,000 employees throughout 90+ locations and are committed to doing ‘Whatever it Takes’ to support their customers and community. To ensure the best quality, they have an in-house ad agency and are looking to fill a graphic design position. This position would do anything from web-design, decals, billboards to flyers and postcards. Although the department is similar to an ad agency, it offers a larger variety/scope of projects and responsibilities.
The primary function of the Graphic Designer is to support the Marketing Department with graphic design services for advertising, promotional and e-marketing campaigns to support the sales organization and strategic priorities. This position will translate business needs into designs the capture the desired corporate identity, brand awareness and marketing image.
1. Branding & Advertising: Provide graphic design services for web and other media, including print, intranet, presentations, and marketing collateral materials.
2. Sales Support & Education: Develop and support marketing programs designed to enhance the sales process. This includes printed materials, sales tools, presentations and e-marketing campaigns.
3. Direct Marketing & Lead Generation: Support the creative direction and development of specific marketing campaigns to encourage customer interaction for MHC department and companies. This includes printed materials, e-marketing, landing pages, search engine campaigns and other social media outlets.
4. Website: Maintain and update content on company website and create landing pages to support marketing campaigns.
5. SharePoint: Provide support and help maintain the site pages for Marketing and other Departments.
Administrative: Assists Brand & Communication Manager/Director with regular department maintenance projects:
-electronic file archives and back-ups
-purchasing coordination and vendor communication
-project status reports
1. Undergraduate degree in Graphic Design or the equivalent combination of training and experience.
2. One to three years of relevant work experience in Graphic Design preferred.
3. Proficient with computer skills with the following systems and software: Microsoft Windows; Microsoft Office Suite; Microsoft SharePoint; Macintosh/PC, Adobe Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator and Flash; and HTML/DHTML.
4. Must have a strong commitment to customer service.
5. Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
6. Must be a team player with a positive, can do attitude.
For more information and to apply, go to www.mhctruck.com/jobs (search: location-Leawood, KS corporate).
For questions, contact Natalie Batliner at email@example.com.
Posted by Skye at 10:14 AM
Engaged In Life Companies (Parkville, MO) is looking to hire a summer Marketing Intern. They operate as a family of companies including:
•eShipping: National provider of transportation management services and technology
•Engaged Technologies: Technology company pioneering new strategies for freight management in mid-market companies nationwide
•eShipping Exchange: Community of carriers and shippers where technology and transportation management is provided direct from carriers who know their customer’s freight and understand their business
•Engaged In Life Youth Academy: A school that teaches 5th through 10th graders to become solutions to tomorrow’s problems through project-based learning, traditional core curriculum, and character classes
They are seeking a creative individual with a passion for learning the many facets of a marketing department, including but not limited to design, digital, copywriting, corporate identity, branding, web development, and customer relationship management (CRM). The ideal candidate should possess copywriting skills, and will be ready to assist in various areas of the Marketing Department as needed. This position may include administrative duties preparing presentations for new business development and account management, assisting with website re-design projects, implementing automated marketing campaigns in CRM, event planning, and other project-based marketing efforts. The Marketing team is integral in the support of the Sales and Account Management teams, so the pace is fast and the ideal candidate should be able to learn and adapt quickly and be able to balance multiple projects at once.
At a minimum, the ideal candidate should have working knowledge of the following programs:
•Microsoft Office (Word, Power Point, and Excel)
Posted by Skye at 9:57 AM
Tuesday, April 15, 2014
American Friends Service Committee is seeking students to apply for the 2014-2015 Peace Internship program. Peace Interns work 8-10 hours a week (receiving $9.25/hour) from August 2014-June 2015 supporting the AFSC staff and volunteers with peace campaigns and engaging from after school and high school programs.
The Peace Intern Will:
-receive training in peacemaking and social change
-help develop AFSC program materials that appeal to youth and young adults and utilize Twitter, Facebook and other social media to educate and involve youth in the KC AFSC program activities
-recruit and involve high school and university-aged youth in peace trainings, creative social change projects and peace building campaigns
-support AFSC peacemaking campaigns and activities
-experience in organizing projects, making presentation and working collaboratively with others
-knowledge of and commitment to peace and social justice
-ability to involve others in creative participatory education and social change activities
-ability to utilize social media for education and organizing campaigns
-leadership experience, effective oral and written communication and ability to understand and accept diverse points of view
-flexibility required to allow for varied meeting/activity schedules
Application deadline: June 15th
Click here to learn more and apply.
Posted by Skye at 11:07 AM
Monday, April 7, 2014
Arionne Williams is an author who is self-publishing a book and looking to hire a talented graphic designer who can capture the message and mood of the book, as well as the audience's attention with an eye-catching, alluring cover design (for both print and ebook).
The book is called "Love Like I've Never Been Hurt: How to Heal from Heartbreak." It tell the story of the major heartbreak of the author's 20s, how she healed, and how her readers can do the same. Her target audience is single, Christian women ages 25-34 who are looking for love (with 18-24 year olds being the secondary audience). The book will look and feel sassy, smart and chic. The design should be feminine, but not prissy.
The author is looking for someone immediately and will pay $350. Please contact Arionne directly at firstname.lastname@example.org and check out her website at www.arispeaks.com.
Posted by Skye at 11:23 AM
Thursday, April 3, 2014
Ferrellgas, located in Overland Park, is looking for summer interns in their Creative Department. The internship is paid, and the intern would be able to earn college credit. More information can be found here and applications (portfolio, resume, cover letter) are due April 30th. Don't miss this great opportunity!
For more information, contact email@example.com.
Posted by Skye at 2:17 PM