Friday, April 18, 2014
Murphy Hoffman Company is a locally owned company based out of Leawood, Kansas and for nearly 40 years has served the heavy and medium duty trucking industry. They have over 3,000 employees throughout 90+ locations and are committed to doing ‘Whatever it Takes’ to support their customers and community. To ensure the best quality, they have an in-house ad agency and are looking to fill a graphic design position. This position would do anything from web-design, decals, billboards to flyers and postcards. Although the department is similar to an ad agency, it offers a larger variety/scope of projects and responsibilities.
The primary function of the Graphic Designer is to support the Marketing Department with graphic design services for advertising, promotional and e-marketing campaigns to support the sales organization and strategic priorities. This position will translate business needs into designs the capture the desired corporate identity, brand awareness and marketing image.
1. Branding & Advertising: Provide graphic design services for web and other media, including print, intranet, presentations, and marketing collateral materials.
2. Sales Support & Education: Develop and support marketing programs designed to enhance the sales process. This includes printed materials, sales tools, presentations and e-marketing campaigns.
3. Direct Marketing & Lead Generation: Support the creative direction and development of specific marketing campaigns to encourage customer interaction for MHC department and companies. This includes printed materials, e-marketing, landing pages, search engine campaigns and other social media outlets.
4. Website: Maintain and update content on company website and create landing pages to support marketing campaigns.
5. SharePoint: Provide support and help maintain the site pages for Marketing and other Departments.
Administrative: Assists Brand & Communication Manager/Director with regular department maintenance projects:
-electronic file archives and back-ups
-purchasing coordination and vendor communication
-project status reports
1. Undergraduate degree in Graphic Design or the equivalent combination of training and experience.
2. One to three years of relevant work experience in Graphic Design preferred.
3. Proficient with computer skills with the following systems and software: Microsoft Windows; Microsoft Office Suite; Microsoft SharePoint; Macintosh/PC, Adobe Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator and Flash; and HTML/DHTML.
4. Must have a strong commitment to customer service.
5. Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
6. Must be a team player with a positive, can do attitude.
For more information and to apply, go to www.mhctruck.com/jobs (search: location-Leawood, KS corporate).
For questions, contact Natalie Batliner at email@example.com.
Posted by Skye at 10:14 AM